A typical full body massage will include work on your back, arms, legs, feet, hands, head, neck, and shoulders. You will not be touched on or near your genitals (male or female) or breasts (female).Body Massage involves working and acting on the body with pressure – structured, unstructured, stationary, or moving – tension, motion, or vibration, done manually or with mechanical aids. Massage can be applied with the hands, fingers, elbows, knees, forearm, feet, or a massage device. Massage can promote relaxation and well-being. Body Massage benefits include:
- Reduced Stress, Anxiety and Depression: A massage reduces stress levels in most people. Massage may also help manage or reduce the symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Pain and Stiffness Relief:A full body massage can relieve pain and stiffness in the body according to associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals. The full body massage may release endorphins, which act as a pain reliever. Massage sometimes helps relieve migraine pain.
- Skin Benefits: A full body massage helps remove dead skin cells over the entire body for improved skin tone. The stimulated blood flow benefits the appearance and health of the skin.
- Immune System Function: A full body massage may increase your immune system’s functionality according to Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals. The massage stimulates the lymphatic system, which assists the immune system protect the body.
- Increased Circulation: Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals states that massage can increase circulation by assisting oxygen and nutrients to reach tissues and organs.